AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM


AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM: GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE,FOR THE PEOPLE -- ECONOMIC FREEDOM BASED ON FREE MARKET INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURISM -- WEALTH CREATION AS A SOURCE OF GREAT GOOD FOR THE DISADVANTAGED -- IMMIGRANTS PROVIDING UNPARALELLED ETHNIC, RELIGIOUS, RACIAL DIVERSITY -- OUR MILITARY PROVIDING AND PROTECTING WORLDWIDE INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM.


Sunday, December 6, 2015

Speaking For Most Old Folks


By  Robert A. Hall  Marine Vietnam veteran who served
five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate.  
 
  
I'm 76      
Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but
job-hunting every day, I've worked,
hard,
  since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in
seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but
I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I
worked to get where I am. Given the economy,
there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired.
Very tired.
   
I'm tired     of being told
that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who
don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being
told the government will take the money I
earned, by force if necessary, and give it to
people too lazy to earn it.
        
I'm tired     of being told
that, out of "tolerance for other cultures," we
must let  Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund
mosques and mandrassa Islamic schools to preach
hate in  America and  Canada , while no American
nor Canadian group is allowed to fund a church,
synagogue or religious school in  Saudi Arabia to
teach love and tolerance..
   
I'm tired     of being told I must
lower my living standard to fight global
warming, which no one is allowed to debate.
   
I'm tired     of being told
that drug addicts have a disease, and I must
help support and treat them, and pay for the
damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a
dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up
their noses while they tried to fight it off?
   
I'm tired     of hearing
wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians
of both parties talking about innocent mistakes,
stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we
all know they think their only mistake was
getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense
of entitlement, rich or poor.
   
I'm real tired     of people who
don't take responsibility for their lives and
actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the
government, or discrimination or big-whatever
for their problems.
Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to
be
76. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have
to see the world these people are making. I'm
just sorry for my granddaughters and grandsons.
   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sad but true,,,a lot of people are tired,,,, too much evil no sense of peace,,,scary future for our young,,,I pray we all make it,,, take one day at a time.........Peace